Saturday, April 7, 2012

Review: the Balm Frat Boy shadow/blush

Give him a rush he won't forget when he sees you in this velvety smooth peachy-apricot shadow/blush
the Balm.com






I have got to say I love a dual purposed product. it's like getting two for the price of one. Not only is Frat Boy a blush it's also an eyeshadow. It is a nice light peachy color that's not overpoweringly orange. The shadow/blush has a nice smooth texture that blends out easily. In the pan the shadow blush seems to have a slight bit of shimmer to it but when applied it appears matte giving a more natural look. I find that too much shimmer in blush can look odd and unnatural.




 I like this as a blush but I'm really loving it as a wash of color for the eyes. It makes the perfect quick eye look with just a wash of color and mascara.

The packaging is so fun. In the Balm fashion it features a 50's style pinup on the front. I like that there products come in cardboard packages with the magnetic closure. They seem to take up less space and weigh less which is great for throwig in your purse or makeup bag.