Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Music Loves #1

How I listen to music... Find song I like. Put it on my iPod. Fall in love with it. Listen to... on repeat for 2 weeks strait. I will listen to the same 3 - 6 songs for weeks on end. Sure there is a tun of other music on my iPod but I seem to fixate on a few. Usually because I have created stories in my head and the songs become the soundtrack. So here are some of the songs that have been getting a lot of playlist love lately.


Modestep - Sunlight

Modestep is my current dubstep obsession! I don't know what it is about dubstep that just makes me want to dance. My favorite description of dubstep is "in the 90's we called it dial-up internet noise, now it's known as dubstep" 



Superchick - Sand In The Rain

yep Superchick is a Christian rock band. I never imagined I would like Christian rock but so long I don't hear god, lord and Jesus in every other line it's really pretty good. When you get down to it it's just empowerment songs and who doesn't want to feel empowered?





The Pretty Reckless - Hit Me Like A Man

This song is off their latest EP, and if you haven't heard their first album I highly recommend it every song is great. all were played several hundred times on my pod. I'm so Impressed with Taylor Momsen's voice. I never could of imagined that such a gritty and powerful voice could of come from someone so young.



What Have you been listening to lately? I love finding new singers and bands.