Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sample Sunday #2

Lately I have noticed that I have a box of samples just piling up between Birchbox and MyGlam and the samples that come in with orders of from beauty stores. So I'm making it a point to try a few out each week so they stop piling up.

This weeks samples are
  • Freeman's Facial Enzyme Mask, Pineapple.
  • Wonderstruck Perfume By Taylor Swift
  • Zoya Nail Polish In Lotus, from the TRUE Spring Collection.



Over all I thought this was an ok mask. You put it all over your skin leave it on for 10 minuets it stays moist the whole time and then wipe and rinse it off.  I was not expecting to feel gritty when I put it on. it did leave my skin feeling a bit smoother but it left my skin with a tight feeling.




At first I  thought oh great here is an other celebrity perfume but I was pleasantly surprised. It has a nice fruity raspberry-esque sent with a light floral undertone. The only thing I did not like was the fact that the sent didn't last to long.



Lotus
Lotus


In the bottle this looks like a medium toned cream purple color with pink shimmer, but looks completely different on. The color gets a bit darker and greyer. Not what I would expect for a spring color. also on the nail the shimmer barley shows up. I do like Zoya nail polishes but i would not recommend this color because it turns out quite a bit different than what it looks like in the bottle.


What have you tried this week? Did you love it, or hate it?