Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Urban Decay Eyeshadow & 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

I recently picked up a few things from the Urban Decay friends and family sale, and I'm so glad I did. I have found two of the most amazing eye color products. They both have such unique color, texture and effects.



Lounge

Lounge
Left: on bear skin. Right: applied over NYX Jumbo pencil in milk.

 Urban Decay Eyeshadow, Lounge. This is quite possibly the most unique eyeshadow I have ever seen. It's a brick red brown base with green duo-chrome. It's amazing all on it's own all over the lid for a quick wash of color. It lends itself to a neutral look but the green duo-chrome gives it such a pop, making it dramatic and wearable all at the same time. To get the most out of the duo-chrome I recommend applying with a brush. When I swatched it with my finger most of the duo-chrome stayed on my finger. The shadow is nicely pigmented, and has a soft and smooth texture that blends out easily.




Eldorado





Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, Eldorado. This liner is a yellow shimmery metallic gold. This is the only gold eyeliner that I have seen that looks like painted on gold.I like the packaging, The handle on the wand is nice and long to give good control, and the brush is very fine to give precise lines. As far as 24/7 wear the liner will not move even with vigorous rubbing it wont budge. I would recommend a good heavy duty eye makeup remover for it.