Saturday, October 6, 2012

September MyGlam Bag Review

MyGlam has expanded it's website. It is now called Ipsy. It's now a full on Beauty Community social networking site, where you can post photos and videos. The sample subscription service still functions under the MyGlam Bag name with the service remaining the same they just added the  community forum that was advertised and intended in the beginning. I feel like the site could use some more organization to make specific things to find easier instead of one big jumble of a timeline.





So September is already over but I wanted to have a chance to fully try the samples out to give my full opinion on them instead of just a show and tell. There are plenty of open of videos for that.


This is the last out of the collection of the Circus by Andrea's Choice nail polish collection. It's a bright neon purple. It has a satin/matte-ish finish to it. This one seems a little thinner in formula than the others, needing a good 2 coats. I'm always excited to get nail polish in MyGlam bags. You can never have enough nail polish choices.



Jane Sparkle gloss. It's a sheer hot pink gloss with lots of shimmer to it. It has lots of blue/purple shimmers and some gold shimmer to it. It a bit of a tacky gloss which I'm not a big fan of.  It gives nice color and shimmer to the lips though. It's not something I think I would buy just because of the sticky texture. I'm so picky when it comes to the texture of something on my lips. If It doen't feel good I don't want to wear it.



Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End sealer. I have really dry spit ends and have been using this for a week and a half and I can't say as I have seen any noticeable difference in the ends of my hair. Still dry and still split. I'm also not a fan of the baby powder sent it has.




SoHo Smudge Brush. It's pretty good quality. The bristles are synthetic but still nice and soft. It's a good brush for putting shadow in the crease and blending out. The brushes are sold at Walmart and seem like they are the drugstore knockoff of the Samantha Chapman (pixiewoo) real techniques brushes. For a drug store knock off though they are relatively similar in price.




Mirabella Eye Color in semi-formal. This is a nice warm toned brown with a little bit of shimmer to it. The pigmentation on it was pretty good. It's more of a buildable color. The swatch above was about 2 swipes. It is a good color for the fall I have been using it a lot in the crease as a transition color with olive greens on the lid. The shadows are 10$ for 2 grams of product and Mirabella doesn't have a wide color line. compare it with Inglot freedom you can get 2.7 grams of product for 6$ with a much wider range of colors and finishes and better color payoff.


The bag this month is nice quality. Very usable with the wrist strap. It can be used as more than just a makeup bag it will also be good as a little clutch purse. I also liked the metallic gold zipper gives it a nice touch.

All in all a nice verity of samples this month.