Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June MyGlam Bag Review

So its been quite a while since I did a MyGlam post because quite frankly I had been pretty unhappy with the service, and rather than give them any bad press I didn't want to wright anything at all. You know what they say any press is good press. So with that aside I feel like MyGlam has been listening to their customers and I'm fairly happy with this months bag.

Overall, the bag has a good mix of skin care hair care and makeup. There are some brands I recognize and some that are new to me. In the past the whole "no-name brand" thing was something that I did not like. It's not that I'm being a snob and expect high-end because really I'm just as happy with drugstore. It's the generic knock off brands that can't be purchased anywhere that was bothering me.

The bag itself this month is a little cheep and the glitter on the bag is a bit messy. The bag is unlined inside. This will be one that I don't use.


  
NYX Round Lipstick in #440 Vitamin

NYX Round Lipstick in #440 Vitamin. The color showed up way brighter in this photo than in real life.



NYX Round Lipstick in #440 Vitamin
 NYX Round Lipstick in #440 Vitamin. This is a nice sheer shimmery peach/champagne color, even though the  picture of it in the tube is very orangey. The swatch is a much better representation. I'm normally not a shimmery lipstick fan but I can't get enough of this color. The formula is fairly moisturizing. It will be a great color for the summer.

Marbella Permanent Eyeliner pen

Marbella Permanent Eyeliner pen

Marbella Permanent Eyeliner pen

 Marbella Permanent Eyeliner pen. one word Meehhh. so this is supposed to be waterproof smudge proof eyeliner. Not so much. I rubbed it and it smudged and ran it under water and it ran, and to top it off it stains the skin. And as you can see from the swatch it will feather in the creases of the skin. There is also a warning on the Eyeliner that says do not use with contacts. I don't wear contacts but a warning like that scares me especially when the product is going on my eyes.

When I swatched the liner on my hand I thought the felt tipped pen was going to be easy to work with but when I tried using it on my eye I found it a little more difficult. It needed a bit of pressure which is hard on such a sensitive area.


Living Proof frizz free styling cream. This cream did help smooth some of the dryness and frizzieness of the ends of my hair. I was not a fan of the smell though. It was slightly chemically. 


Philosophy Take A Deep Breath Oil Free Energizing Gel Cream Moisturizer. I was really liking this. It was supper light weight on the skin but left me feeling moisturized. Normally I have very oily skin but I felt like this helped keep the oil at bay a bit longer than with regular moisturizers.


I'm giving MyGlam another month but this time I'm excited and more hopeful for next months bag.

Do you get a MyGlam Bag each month? What did you think of this months bag?