Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer Downtown Brown Review

I was perusing the fall collections at the local drugstore and just glanced by this color at first but at a second look I had fallen in love. I'm not usually one for brown colors but this one had something special, Duochrome! Yep I'm a sucker for any nail polish with duochrome.





Downtown Brown (725) is a limited addition color apart of Maybelline's Color Show Nail Lacquer fall collection. It is a red toned brown base with teal green duochrome shimmer to it. It reminds me of one of my favorite eye shadows, Urban Decay's lounge (which has been discontinued).

The formula is fairly liquidy but applies easily. I will say that it's a bit on the sheer side. I have on 2 good coats but I think it could of used a third to make it completely opaque. After one day of wearing it at work I had very little chipping which is the determining factor of how well a polish wears for me. One day at work can completely ruin a manicure. So to have little wear speaks quite highly of it's wear.

The only thing I was a bit dissapointed about was the intensity of the green duochrome. I wish it had a little more intensity. It shows up fine in direct sunlight otherwise it comes off a little muddy. Other than that I was very happy with the polish as a whole.