Sunday, July 15, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review

I'm defiantly a sucker for a Revlon lip product. Their lipsticks are by far my favorite, so when they come out with something new I have to try it. Once  again Revlon has not let me down.

It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood. 

-Lightweight Lip stain + Moisturizing Balm
-100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color
-Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required

Description from Revlon.com



040 Rendezvous
Rendezvous is a nice sheer bright orange. I think it's great for summer and goes great with a tan or some bronzer.


015 Cherish

Cherish is an everyday wearable light Barbie-ish pink. The color defiantly gets a bit brighter and intensifies after it sets for 15 minuets on the lips.

Cherish, Rendezvous
Overall I'm liking these. They apply really easily. I like the fat pencil shape and packaging. I love the fact that they are twist up and there is no need to sharpen because sometimes chubby crayons are hard to sharpen. The Balm stain's have  sheer coverage but give nice color with a light bit of shimmer in them. I found that it took the stain a bit of time (about 15 minuets or so) to sink in, but after that the color lasts! Total I got about 6-7 hours of wear out of the Balm stain. The balm portion only lasts about 3 hours but one that wears off your still left with the color from the stain. I also found the stain to be really even. I wasn't left with weird spots that were darker or the dreaded ring around the mouth that I have encountered with other stains. I'd give the moisturizing properties an OK, I found myself applying Jack Black lip balm over top to kick the moisture up a notch.

My only qualms with the the balm stain is 1, the smell. It has a weird mint smell to it, and I have never been a mint fan. i would prefer a fruity smell or none at all. 2, the balm I find to be a bit sticky. That's probably why I feel the need to add another moisture product on top to combat the sticky feeling.