Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Collective Haul & First Impressions (Drugstore & HauteLook)

I just wanted to share a little Haul from the Drug store and something I ordered off HuateLook.com that came today, and give you my first impressions.

The first thing just arrived in the mail today from HauteLook.com, I bought a set of 28 NYX Pigments Chrome Eyeshadows. The original price if you were to order them from NYX.com would have been $168 but through HauteLook they were $50.50 which was a savings of $117.50. The pigments are very pigmented and bright when I swatched some of them except for the purple which just adds to my constant dissatisfaction with anything purple. The purple was really chunky like glitter. They all had a nice shimmer or sheen to them.  But as a whole I think I’m really going to like using them. (Link to HauteLook http://www.hautelook.com/invite/NBohle687)

NYX Pigments Chrome Eyeshadows

Some swatches of the NYX pigments.

Eye Booster,2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum, Fit me Blush in Light Mauve, Happy Booster, Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose Fit Me concealer in #20 light


Next part of my Haul is from the drug store. I got two things from Physicians Formula 1, Happy Booster, Glow & Mood boosting Blush. 2, Eye Booster,2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum.
1, Happy Booster, Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose
Web site description-
 Brush on a skin perfecting glow
  • Ultra-smooth, perfecting powder in a complementary palette of color blends together to even out skin tone with a flawless radiance.
  • Vibrant pink heart gives cheeks a healthy pop of color.
Experience the mood boosting effect
  • Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
  • The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.
I thought the design on the powder was supper cute. The packaging has a separate compartment for a brush that was included which I found to be fairly soft. The powder is nicely pigmented with a nice bright pink. 

Happy Booster, Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose


Happy Booster, Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose


2, Eye Booster,2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum
Web Site description-
High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step!
Lash Boosting complex targets the base of lashes where it is most effective.
After 2 weeks over 75% of women saw fuller and longer-looking lashes.*
So far I really like this; the eye liner works like a felt tip marker, and has an ultra-fine point to it. It says its 24 hour wear, I tested it on the back of my hand and tried to rub it off vigorously and it didn’t come off or smudge. As far as the thickening and growing longer lashes go I’ll check back later to tell you how it worked. 

Eye Booster,2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum


I also got 2 things from the Maybelline Fit Me line. First was Fit Me concealer in #20 light.  As my usual problem it’s just a bit too dark, I was afraid if I got the lightest shade it would be too light, but summer is coming and I’ll get tanner. As far as coverage goes it seems to cover fairly well. The consistency however is a bit thick and heavy. The second thing I got was the Fit me Blush in Light Mauve. This too also came with its own brush but it was stiff and rough. I found it to be very smooth with a bit of shimmer to it. The color was very light and sheer I felt like it almost had no color at all. I only tested it on my hand it might show better on the cheeks, we’ll see.