Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NOTD Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Rare





While In New Your City last week I picked up some things at Sephora. I had never tried anything from Illamasqua and then I saw this color and couldn't resist. I was immediately draw to the bright neon construction worker yellow. The color however looks best in white or daylight, it doesn't look as neon under incandescent light bulbs, but out in the sun light it is full neon day glow.

The finish of the polish is a satin finish, which i wasn't too much of a fan of so I just added a glossy topcoat. I have been wearing the polish for about 4 days now and it wears very well, with little peeling or chipping, and I am hard on my polish with my hands in dish water a lot at work, and home.

I tried the polish with an accent nail with white crackle over it but it only seemed to wash out the bright vibrancy of the yellow. I think next time I will try it with a black or deep blue crackle.




4 comments:

Gracey Williams said...

Wow, that's really bright! Love it :)

Jesse said...

That is too neon for me, but awesome that you can pull it off! I have the white shatter too and I think it can be hard to find a good color to put under it. Things I think will go great with it end up looking muted.

Leigh said...

i love this color! it is so bright and cool! definitely show a picture if you try it with black shatter! :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Amanda Lehrke said...

What an amazing yellow! I definitely need something like this!