Thursday, April 28, 2011

Goodie Simple Styles: Spin Pin

Goodie Simple Styles: Spin Pin
French twist Up-do with spin pin

French twist Up-do with spin pin


I have been waiting to try theses for a while and was excited to see them in my local store so I picked them up.  I was not disappointed with the pins. They come in colors for both blonds and brunets. The pins hold hair well for everyday wear. I would not suggest them to hold your hair up with vigorous activity like running, but for everything else they are great. They make a French twist supper easy; where with regular bobby pins it may take 20 bobby pins to hold, a French twist only needs 2 Spin Pins. They are also really nice for regular or even messy buns.  
      The Spin Pins corkscrew shape works much like a screw, righty tighty lefty losey. With any hairdo using them I like to face them pointing in towards my head and twist then turn them and twisting into the hairdo. I find this leaves the hairdo very secure.The pins hide in the hair well and are basically invisible.
  1. Gather your hair at the nape of your neck (no ponytail holder needed).
  2. Twist your hair into a tight bun and tuck in the ends.
  3. Spin one pin in from the top and the other up from the base, taking care not to interlock pins.    (Directions given by the Spin Pin packaging)